Stuck

This blog was written earlier today:

I'm sitting in the Veteran's Memorial at Fort Indiantown Gap National Cemetery.  The sound of the fountains almost blocks out the sound of the lawnmowers. It is beautiful, with a clear sky and sunshine.  Birds are singing and there is a peacefulness about this place.

 I have been hit with such a flood of emotions today.  I went to work, but was only able to stay for about twenty minutes.  I have been unable to stop crying today. I'm not sure what has triggered the emotional onslaught today.   I think the permanency of the situation is catching up to me.  I miss Scott so much and am feeling so overwhelmed thinking about the future without Scott. It still seems like a bad dream that I will wake up from, then look back at the dream and be grateful that it was only a bad dream.  Yet I know it isn't a bad dream, but reality.

I miss falling asleep with my head on Scott's chest listening to his heartbeat.  I miss his teasing and that big grin. I miss his physical presence and his friendship.  I miss his love for life and fun.  I miss watching him showing his love and care for Jaelyn.  I miss watching him play with Jaelyn and teach her new things. 

I have always said that no one knows how strong they are until something happens that they have to be strong.  It is more of not really having a choice -- you either curl up and "die" or pick up and move forward.  Today I feel like I am stuck frozen in grief and unable to move.  The tears keep coming without stopping today.  I can hardly see through the tears to write.

In just six short weeks my life has changed and upended every thought or dream I had for the future.  I feel so alone, there are only so many and only certain things that people can help with.  Grieving and stepping forward are things that I have to do on my own, although others can help with those steps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Normal"

New Hobby -- Clay jewelry and crafts with Sculpey Clay

Nine years