Missing My Best Friend


It is hard to believe that it has been five months since Scott’s death.  There are moments that the loss still feels so fresh.  I’m in that kind of moment tonight.  I have been thinking about Scott a lot this week. I think this week I am particularly missing my best friend.  I miss the companionship and sharing my life with Scott.  I miss talking to Scott, bouncing ideas off of him, venting to him without worrying about how I was coming across, and just having his presence in the house.  I want to hear him coming in the back door from work and greeting the dogs as they jump around him. 

I feel the loss of Scott’s companionship and friendship so intensely when I have a rough week.  This has been a difficult week with not feeling good this week with recovering from a sinus and throat infection.  Not feeling well makes everything overwhelming to be handling alone.  I feel like I haven’t handled things well this week at work or with Jaelyn.   I am just feeling down and sad tonight. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Normal"

New Hobby -- Clay jewelry and crafts with Sculpey Clay

Nine years