Blessed by Friends


People always say that in time of tragedy, you find out who your true friends are – and there aren’t as many true friends as previously thought.  I can say that when my brother had his accident and the 12 years of challenges and health issues that followed, I found this statement to be true.

I will say that this statement is NOT true in our journey since Scott’s death.  I have found out who my true friends are.  I feel very blessed at the large number of true friends that Jaelyn and I have.  I have read quotes about true friendship that talk about true friendship does not require talking every day, true friends are at your side in time of trouble, no matter how long it has been since you have talked.  This has truly been our experience, both for Jaelyn and for me.  Many friendships have been renewed through our tragedy.  I have also gotten to know some of Scott’s friends better in our shared grief over his loss. This is the silver lining in our black cloud.   I always feel this love, support, and prayer surrounding us.  I still feel lonely in the midst of all of this, but how much more devastating to go through this without love, support, and prayer.

Jaelyn and I have been surrounded by many, many offers of assistance with meals, babysitting, lawn care, home maintenance, etc. and many people simply stepping up and doing something that they see needs done.  I have been overwhelmed by the number of people who have donated to Jaelyn’s educational fund, the number of people who have sent cards and Facebook messages of thoughts, prayers, and encouragement.  I truly believe that it is the innumerable cards and messages of thoughts, prayers, and encouragement that have kept us going and give us the strength to keep going.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you who have supported us in prayers, meals, babysitting, lawn care, cards, etc.  Please know that Jaelyn and I appreciate everything more than you could ever know.  We feel very loved and cared for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nine years

"Normal"

New Hobby -- Clay jewelry and crafts with Sculpey Clay