Kid's Craft for ages 5+

Today my daughter and I spent about two hours doing the Go Logo Make Mosaic Masterpieces. Sometimes it is hard to find craft things that do not make a mess and that a 5 1/2 year old could do by herself. I am always on the look-out for simple, non-messy crafts that are age appropriate for a 5-6 year old little girl. This craft fits the bill -- although I do wish that they had included more small pictures (5 x 7) and less large pictures (8 x 10). The large pictures were a little overwhelming in size for my daughter, although she did great when we were working on it together. We did the apple tree, a butterfly with flowers, and an owl. After finishing 2 large and 1 small picture, she promptly took them to her bedroom to hang on her wall. The pictures turned out quite well and were very bright. This is a great craft for rainy days or times when you need to have your child occupied so you can finish something else up. I found this kit at Walmart, but most craft stores probably carry it.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Normal"

New Hobby -- Clay jewelry and crafts with Sculpey Clay

Nine years