God at Work

This is the fourth year of Scott's scholarship through our church. I am honored each year to be a part of the presentation and have an opportunity to share a few words. Each year as I try to figure out what to share with the graduates at the presentation of Scott's scholarship, it amazes me how and when God pulls my thoughts together. The first year it all came together just a few hours before the presentation - nothing like cutting it down to the wire! Another year it was a week ahead and one year it was a month ahead. Tonight I think that God pulled my thoughts together for this year's presentation - only two days ahead this time.  

The other neat thing is seeing God's hand in who was selected as the winner -- and this year is no exception!


You will have to come to the scholarship presentation on Sunday or check back here afterward to hear about this year's winner and hear about God's hand in the selection! 

But here is a bit of history of the first three years and God's hand in everything:



       The first year Emily Long was the winner and she was going on to Lancaster Bible College, which happens to be where I went to college and graduated.  Emily also lives in the same small community of Greenpoint where I grew up and where my parents still live.  

       The second year Mikayla Ragsdale was the winner and she was going on to Summit International School of Ministry.  Jaelyn plays soccer three seasons out of the year through Summit's Twelv2 sports program, so I think we spend as much time on that campus as Mikayla!  

      Year three was the year that an investment of Scott’s, set up just a few months before his death, came to fruition, allowing me to contribute double what I normally contribute to the scholarship.  This also happened to be the year that there was a tie between Nora Long and Nate Lyons.  God provided the money for the double winners, before anyone knew that there would be two winners.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nine years

"Normal"

9th Annual Scott Bradley Adventurous Life Scholarship