Great News!!!!

For the last couple of weeks I have been so excited to share some amazing news with everyone.   About two weeks ago I received a phone message from the youth pastor at our church.  They are establishing a scholarship for a graduating senior and were asking permission to name it after Scott. When I heard the phone message I sat and cried for a moment and it was such an amazing feeling -- I'm not sure I can describe it adequately.  This is such an amazing legacy for Scott and such an honor.  It still brings me to tears when I think about it.  The first annual Scott Bradley Adventurous Life Scholarship will be presented on June 1, 2014 during the 10:45 a.m. service.  It is meant to recognize a graduating senior with an adventurous spirit who takes many steps of faith throughout their youth career, including steps of faith in living out their walk with God, steps of faith in stepping up in leadership, and steps of faith in trying new things. 

As I think back to the days just after Scott’s death, I remember many of the “youth” who were in the youth group when Scott and I were youth leaders 15-16 years ago coming to me or sending me messages to share the influence that Scott had on their lives during that time.  If I remember correctly one is pastoring a church plant as a result of the influence of the youth group and Scott, one is the junior high youth pastor in our church, and one is working in youth ministry.  Others are involved in music ministry in our church.  These are just a handful of the lives that Scott’s life touched, just as a youth leader.  I would like to share a short excerpt from one of the messages I received from one of those amazing young men, whose words I have not forgotten and that truly captured Scott’s spirit.

“What a great testimony you have, not through Scott's passing, but through his life! You were married to a true saint, and when I think of him, I don't think of his athleticism, which was mighty; his kindness, which was tremendous; or his smile, which could light up a room. I think of that constantly amused look on his face, when he was talking, thinking or praying ... that look that reflected an amazing joy, almost like a secret that he knew but was far too humble to share.” – Bryan Peach


 I will have the blessing and honor of participating in the presentation of the first annual Scott Bradley Adventurous Life Scholarship on June 1st. Please, please pray for me leading up to and including that day.  I DO NOT like to speak in public and especially in front of large groups, so this is definitely a stretch out of my comfort zone, yet this is a way that I can honor Scott and his legacy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nine years

"Normal"

New Hobby -- Clay jewelry and crafts with Sculpey Clay