Grandma's Legacy

For the past ten weeks, I have been part of a women’s Bible study focused on learning the Biblical and God designed role for women.  The ultimate God designed role of women is to bring glory to God.  I can truly say that I cannot think about my Grandma without also thinking about God. 

Now I know that my Grandma was not perfect, but in my eyes growing up and still to this day, she was and is the “perfect” representation of a Christian woman.  She was a gentle and caring woman who lived simply and was content with what God provided.  She did not complain and I don't remember ever hearing her raise her voice.  You could not know my Grandma without seeing the evidence of her close walk with her Lord.  I have never doubted or questioned her daily prayers for me, her family, her friends, her church, and the world.  She was mission-minded.  She lived on little and gave much. 

My Grandma did not have an easy life – losing her mother and three young brothers at a very young age, among other struggles.  Yet I know that she stood firm in her faith and believed that God is good no matter what.  I’m sure she had her moments of doubt, frustration, and questions, but her faith and love for God is the largest part of who she is.

 Grandma has said goodbye to a husband, an unborn child, a daughter-in-law, two grandchildren, a great-grandchild, and a grandson-in-law – in addition to friends and extended family.  She has outlived almost everyone in her generation. 


Now as she nears the brink of heaven, the song that brings her peace and rest is “I Need Thee Every Hour.”  Her hope and faith at the end of 99 years of life are still so strong and evident.  She is leaving a legacy of faith.  My prayer is that my family and friends can say the same about me at the end of my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Normal"

Nine years

New Hobby -- Clay jewelry and crafts with Sculpey Clay