Working Out

Well, I am putting my motivation back in gear and focusing again on weight loss and getting into shape.  It has been a challenge going back onto Weight Watchers, especially since they changed the points system since I was on Weight Watchers the last time.  I have found with my change in employment that I feel like I have less time to focus on what I'm eating and finding the time (and energy) to work out.  Still, one week in and I have lost four pounds.  Haven't done as well with the working out, only exercised three out of the last ten days.  Starting back into working out is always the hardest.  I had difficulty walking for the three days after my first workout, muscles complaining that I haven't used in months! My standby for exercise has been the Wii EA Active More Workouts disc.  I tried the first disc and liked it so I bought the more workouts disc about a year ago.  I loved that one.  The workouts were fun, lots of variety and fit my interest level better than the first disc.  It worked really well for toning as I lost weight over a year ago.  That said, when I decided to get focused again, I was checking to see if there were any new exercise games that might help vary my exercise.

EA Sports Active 2Wii EA Active 2 caught my eye -- mostly because of the heartrate monitor and not needing the nunchuk.  Tonight was my first time using it.  I defnitely like the heartrate monitor and not needing the nunchuk.  A lot of the exercises are similar to the first disc, just tweaked a little bit.  A few exercises that are similar to the More Workouts disc, such as step aerobics.  I did the first workout of the nine week program.  It was 25 minutes long and I chose the medium intensity.  I felt like a blob!  It was far more intense than I expected -- tons and tons of cardio and less of the toning that I really liked from the More Workouts disc.  I am curious to try out the step aerobics in this newest disc and I really liked that part of the More Workouts disc.  I think that for me, if I had to chose only one of the three EA Active discs, it would defnitely be the More Workouts disc.
EA Sports Active: More Workouts


I have been interested in the Wii Zumba ever since I saw that it was coming out.  I would love to hear from anyone who has used the Wii Zumba and if they thought it was worth buying.  I have never done Zumba, so not sure how intense it will be.  I'm looking for something fun to do but fairly simple.  I'm not a dancer and don't have great rythym, so am cautious about making this purchase.
Zumba Fitness

Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nine years

New Hobby -- Clay jewelry and crafts with Sculpey Clay

"Normal"