Apple Sausage Alfredo Pasta

Well, I was experimenting in the kitchen tonight. 

Usually when I experiment and don't follow a recipe, the results are okay but not fantastic enough to write down in order to create it again. 

Tonight was different!   

 I was anxious about it, wasn't even sure if I would like the combination of flavors.  It just proved that it is worth taking some chances with food -- you just might create something wonderful. 

Now if I could only figure out a way to make alfredo sauce healthy!!!

Scott agreed with me that this combination of flavors were a winner, so I took the time to write it down so that it can be duplicated again. Try it and let me know what you think!





So, here is what I did.  At our local grocery store, BG's, they make their own apple sausage and sell it packaged loose and not in links.  I browned about a pound of this in a pan.  After it was browned, I added in a 10 ounce can of garlic and onion flavored diced tomatoes and about 1/3 cup of balsamic vinegar.  I cooked this over medium heat until the liquid reduced completely.  I added a jar of cheesy alfredo sauce, stirred it in and heated it through.  While all this was happening, I cooked some penne pasta.  I served the sausage alfredo sauce overtop of the penne pasta. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9th Annual Scott Bradley Adventurous Life Scholarship

Nine years

Family Photos