Holy Ground in a Cemetery

Today, after dropping Jaelyn off for a sleepover, I drove to the cemetery.  It was the first time that I have been there this Christmas season since the laying of the wreaths.  It was absolutely beautiful.  

As I parked in front of the section where Scott is buried, I noticed that there were a few other people scattered throughout that section.  One couple was standing in front of a stone in the general vicinity of Scott’s grave.  It often takes me a few minutes to find Scott’s grave each time as every time I go, there are more graves added in his section.  As I began walking slowly back toward where I thought Scott’s grave was, I hesitated a little, not wanting to disturb this couple’s privacy.  Yet as I drew near I heard the most beautiful sound.  The gentleman of the couple was singing an absolutely beautiful and touching song.  His voice was deep and clear, ringing out over the graves.  He sang as if he was standing on a stage, not quiet and afraid of being heard, but singing with conviction and hope. 


 Listening to his voice, all else seemed to fade away and all that was left was his song of heaven and hope.  It was clear that they knew that it was only their loved one’s body buried there and that they knew of the hope of heaven and being reunited one day.  It is so easy to forget that when I am caught up in the emotions of grief and what I, Jaelyn, and our family have lost.  I forget what Scott has gained – heaven and being face to face with our God -- which is so much more than this world could have offered.  Listening to this holy moment at the cemetery brought me full circle from the emotions pulling me every which way, to center only on the beauty and hope of heaven.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Normal"

New Hobby -- Clay jewelry and crafts with Sculpey Clay

Nine years