7th Annual Scott Bradley Adventurous Life Scholarship

This is the 7th annual presentation of the Scott Bradley Adventurous Life scholarship.  Normally this would be presented during our youth Sunday honoring our graduates.  As this year has been anything but normal, things have been done differently this year and the scholarship was presented at the Senior picnic on June 17th, 2020.  There were two winners this year:  Juliette Forry and Kyle Myer.  Congratulations to both of you!


This is what I shared with the winners of this year's scholarship.  


Normally I would have the chance to share with you and your fellow graduates face to face some of the thoughts laid on my heart by God.  But as you have already realized this year is anything but normal.  There are many memes, cartoons, and shirts floating out there declaring this class the Quarantine class.  And certainly the way this year has gone will affect the way you see and think about things for years to come.  


But my hope for you is that you do not take that as your identity or how you define yourself.  One of the things that I determined early on after Scott’s death was that I would not be forever defined by Scott’s death and known as his widow.  I was determined that I would be refined by it.  My prayer was to come out of this a stronger person with more faith in God — and that this is what people would see when they looked at me.  


The purest of gold must go through the fire to burn out all the impurities.  It is not an easy road, but seek for what you can learn both about yourself and about God on your journey.  Do not be discouraged by the roadblocks and challenges that come in your way.   Look for the opportunities that come out of challenges that may not have arisen otherwise.  My prayer for you as you move forward into your next adventure is that through this quarantine and any other challenges that you go through, that you will allow God to use it to refine you to the purest of gold.


Congratulations!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nine years

"Normal"

New Hobby -- Clay jewelry and crafts with Sculpey Clay