Honoring Fathers






Father’s Day has become a bittersweet day in our household since Scott’s death.  

While I have always loved and appreciated my dad for the father he has been to me, since Scott’s death I have come to treasure that relationship even more.  When I look at Jaelyn and see what she lost when Scott died, I do not take for granted the love my dad has for me, the time he spends with me, and how he still takes care of me.  

Jaelyn lost an incredible father who loved her dearly, spent lots of time with her, and took great care of her (and made sure that she would continue to be taken care of if anything happened to him).  He would be so proud of the wonderful young lady that she is.  

Yet, Jaelyn was not only blessed with a wonderful father (although her time with him was short), she has been blessed with a few wonderful men in her life, who have really invested in her life, love her dearly, spend time with her, and take great care of her.  It would not be Father’s Day without expressing my thankfulness for her Grandpa and her Uncle Fernando.  You both make sure that she knows that she is important to you and that you love her.  You give her your undivided time and attention.  You go out of your way to do special things with and for her. You help guide her to become the best person that she can be. You cheer her on in her sports and various activities.   And you make sure that she is taken care of.   

And in turn, Jaelyn invites you to be a part of her life.  She looks forward to spending time with you, invites you to share in special things in her life, and honors you with thoughtful little gifts.  

Your relationships with Jaelyn bring tears to my eyes and honor the father that Scott was and would have continued to be to her.  I cannot thank God enough for the blessing that you are not only to Jaelyn but to me as well.



  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9th Annual Scott Bradley Adventurous Life Scholarship

Nine years

2020 Rearview Mirror